Pediatrics is a specialty of medicine that provides care for children from birth to age 21. We will see your children at regular intervals to monitor their development, provide immunizations to protect them, and sick visits when indicated.
Well Child Visits
Regular well visits are very important for your child’s health and development. After your child turns two, we recommend annual checkups. We encourage you to review these informational resources on well visits:
- Why Does My Child Need Yearly Exams?
At your child’s well visits, we provide a comprehensive exam to make sure your youngster is healthy physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially. These visits include:
- Examining your child to determine if there are any medical problems
- Talking with you about your child’s eating and sleeping habits, height and weight, and various developmental issues
- Administering standard vaccines
- Discussing safety issues
- Monitoring and advising you on age-appropriate issues as your child grows
Don’t forget to take advantage of our well patient waiting area. Please ask the front office staff for details when you arrive.
If your child is sick, we will try to help you evaluate if you need to come into the office. For sick visits, we will make every effort to provide an appointment the same day that you call if it is urgent. We encourage you to call as early in the day as possible so that we can schedule an appointment that works with your schedule as well as ours.
Please use the sick patient waiting area. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask our front office staff.
- ADD & ADHD Screenings
- In-office lab services for commonly needed tests
- Hearing & vision screening
- Newborn evaluation & care
- Pre-natal consultations for pregnant families deciding on a pediatrician
- Physicals (school, camp, sports, etc.)
- 24/7 nurse helpline
- Forms (courtesy fax of immunization records, school forms, etc.)